Episode #8: I Break for Chick Fil-A
If you choose Works of the Law over Salvation by Faith for your eternal plans, you must also understand that there are consequences for that decision.
This Week in History
August 2, 1555 – James Abbes Burned in Bury, England
“A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell.” – C. S. Lewis
Why the Chick-fil-A Boycott is Really about Jesus by TREVIN WAX
Survey finds 19% without religious affiliation By Cathy Lynn Grossman, USA TODAY Updated 7/20/2012
Bible Study Web Resources
Bible Study Tech
Galatians brief catch-up
- To churches in Asia Minor
- Started by Paul during the missionary journeys
- They believed the Gospel of Christ
- People came in and taught differently
- People challenged Paul’s authority
- Paul Teaches that Salvation is by Faith and not works
- Paul talks about why Salvation is not Works
- Paul talks about why Salvation is by Faith
Works of the Law Consequences
Gal. 5.2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
If you follow Works of the Law,
- [v2] Christ is Nothing to You.
- [v3] You must keep all the Law
- [v4] You are severed from Jesus
- [v4] You are fallen from Grace
Works of the Law is NOT from God
Gal. 5.7 You were running well. Who hindered you from obeying the truth? 8 This persuasion is not from him who calls you. 9 A little leaven leavens the whole lump. 10 I have confidence in the Lord that you will take no other view, and the one who is troubling you will bear the penalty, whoever he is. 11 But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed. 12 I wish those who unsettle you would emasculate themselves!
- Works of the Law is NOT from God
- It has never been so.
- Paul is an apostle of Christ and does not teach Works of the Law
- The Cross (God’s Purpose) has lost its power (useless)
Freedom and Responsibility
Gal. 5.13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. 14 For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 But if you bite and devour one another, watch out that you are not consumed by one another.
- God has Called Us to Freedom out of Bondage
- Christ’s Freedom should lead us to Love not Selfishness
- [v14] “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
If you have any comments or questions please feel free to contact us or leave a comment!
ken & mike